Chicken Leg Boneless Butterfly | Frozen | 5kg
A "chicken leg butterfly" refers to a chicken leg that has been deboned and flattened to resemble the shape of a butterfly. It is also known as a "boneless chicken leg" or "chicken leg cutlet." This preparation is commonly used to create a more even thickness in the chicken leg, making it cook more evenly and faster.
Here's how you can butterfly and cook a chicken leg:
Butterfly the Chicken Leg:
- Lay the chicken leg flat on a cutting board with the skin side down.
- Using a sharp knife, make a deep cut along the length of the bone on one side of the leg. Be careful not to cut through the skin.
- Carefully cut around the bone to detach it from the meat, but leave the meat attached to the skin.
- Gently open up the chicken leg like a book, exposing the bone. It should resemble a butterfly shape.
- You can marinate the chicken leg butterfly with your favorite seasonings and flavors. Common marinades include a mixture of oil, garlic, herbs, spices, and lemon juice. Allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight for more intense flavor.
Cook the Chicken Leg Butterfly:
- Grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Place the chicken leg butterfly on the grill, skin side down. Cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the chicken leg butterfly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a wire rack. Roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Pan-fry: Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with some oil. Add the chicken leg butterfly, skin side down, and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until it's cooked through.
Rest and Serve:
- Once the chicken leg butterfly is cooked, let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, keeping the meat tender and moist.
- Serve the chicken leg butterfly with your favorite side dishes, such as vegetables, rice, or potatoes.
Enjoy the succulent and flavorful chicken leg butterfly, which cooks faster than a traditional chicken leg and offers a beautiful presentation on the plate!