Baby Carrot | ARDO | Frozen | 2.5kg
Frozen baby carrots are small, young carrots that have been harvested early and then frozen to preserve their freshness and nutrients. Baby carrots are a popular vegetable choice due to their sweet and tender taste, making them appealing to both kids and adults. When frozen, baby carrots can be conveniently stored for longer periods and used in various recipes.
Here are some key points about frozen baby carrots:
1. Size and Appearance: Frozen baby carrots are typically small, slender, and uniformly shaped. They are usually around 2-4 inches in length and have a bright orange color, similar to regular mature carrots.
2. Convenience: One of the significant advantages of frozen baby carrots is their convenience. They come pre-washed and trimmed, which saves time in meal preparation. You can simply take them out of the freezer and add them directly to your recipes.
3. Nutritional Value: Frozen baby carrots retain their nutritional content when properly frozen. They are a good source of beta-carotene (vitamin A), fiber, and other essential vitamins and minerals.
4. Culinary Uses: You can use frozen baby carrots in a variety of dishes, such as soups, stews, stir-fries, casseroles, and roasted vegetable medleys. They can also be served as a side dish on their own.
5. Cooking Method: When cooking with frozen baby carrots, it's best to follow the recommended cooking instructions on the package. Usually, they can be steamed, boiled, roasted, or microwaved to your preference.
6. Blanched Before Freezing: Most commercially available frozen baby carrots are blanched before freezing. Blanching involves a quick boiling or steaming process, which helps retain their color, texture, and nutrients during freezing.
7. Versatility: Frozen baby carrots are versatile and can be used interchangeably with fresh baby carrots in most recipes. However, keep in mind that freezing may slightly alter their texture compared to fresh ones.
It's essential to store frozen baby carrots properly in a freezer-safe container or bag to maintain their quality. When purchasing frozen baby carrots, check the packaging for any specific storage and cooking instructions. With their convenience and sweet taste, frozen baby carrots can be a valuable addition to your kitchen for creating quick and nutritious meals.
Place the frozen vegetables in boiling water and bring back to boil. Frozen vegetables do not need to be cooked for as long as fresh since they are par cooked. Drain and season to taste.
Put the desired quantity of product in a microwave bowl, cover and cook, stirring well.