- 6 Japanese leek, about ½-inch diameter
- 1 tablespoon hot Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown rice miso
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Wash and trim Japanese Leek. Cut them to divide the white bottoms from the more tender green tops.
- In a covered bamboo steamer set over rapidly boiling water, steam white bottoms for about 4 minutes. Add green tops and continue steaming for another 4 minutes, until Japanese Leek are tender. Set aside uncovered to cool.
- Stir together mustard, miso, and vinegar. Transfer Japanese Leek to a serving bowl and gently fold in the dressing.